I discovered a new martini that I loved so much I couldn’t wait to share with you! This Grapefruit St-Germain Martini is made with vodka, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur, fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice and rosemary simple syrup. It’s very refreshing and not too sweet!
I met up with some friends for dinner at the hot and trendy Washington DC restaurant, Le Diplomate, before I left on my European vacation. While waiting for our table we had a cocktail at the bar. The bartender was so nice and shared with me how to make this delicious martini. For the life of me I can’t remember what they named it so I’m just calling it a Grapefruit St-Germain Martini. I suppose the name doesn’t really matter, all that matters is you be sure to try this at home!
I know St-Germain liqueur is a bit expensive but I really think you’ll enjoy this Grapefruit St.-Germain Martini. I bought a huge bottle of it and have barely used any of it so I’ll try to bring you more cocktails using it in the future. In the meantime, you can also try a Nectarine Thyme-tini which is an awesome warm weather drink and has St-Germain in it as well.Print
Grapefruit St-Germain Martini
- 1 shot vodka
- 1/2 shot St-Germain liqueur
- 1/2 shot rosemary simple syrup*
- 1–2 shots red grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed (depending on your taste preferences)
- Garnish: grapefruit slice or rosemary sprig
- Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit or rosemary sprig.
- To make rosemary simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in saucepan, bring to boil to dissolve sugar. Add a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary and let it steep till cooled. Remove rosemary. Store simple syrup in refrigerator. You can read more about making flavored simply syrups here