These Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps are dressed with a fantastic honey-mint vinaigrette and are crazy good! I seriously could not stop eating them!
The combination of crunchy jicama, sweet corn and kiwi is delicious. But something about combining jicama and corn made me think it would be awesome with creamy black beans so I added them to the mix. I really like to roast or grill my corn but I suppose you could use canned or frozen corn if you’d like. I just don’t think it would be as crisp. I love corn that “pops” when I bite into it!
What really makes these jicama, kiwi, corn, and black bean lettuce wraps stand out is the honey mint vinaigrette. It’s so flavorful! I just want to drink it. The dressing is a little sweet with the honey, a little tart with lime juice and white balsamic vinegar, freshness comes from chopped mint and for a little spicy kick, I added a bit of chipotle chile powder.
You’re gonna love these Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps and the delicious honey-mint vinaigrette that goes with it. Makes an incredible vegetarian, plant-based dish, perfect for lunch, snacking or even dinner!Print
Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Honey Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 jicama, peeled, spiralized or sliced in matchstick strips
- 2 ears corn
- 1 C. black beans, canned, rinsed
- 3 kiwis, peeled
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
For the dressing
- 1 Tbls. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tsp. fresh lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients to combine, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Shuck corn and remove silk. Slice kernels from cob and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with just a bit of olive oil and season with a little salt & pepper. Roast corn for about 3-4 minutes, just enough to get them cooked without over cooking them. You want them to still pop, not be mushy. Remove from pan to large bowl.
- Spiralize or slice into matchstick size pieces the jicama. Add to bowl.
- Peel kiwi, slice in 1/4″ slices, then cut the slices in quarters. Add to bowl with the jicama and corn.
- Add black beans and dressing to bowl.
- Remove core from head of lettuce. Top leaves with some of the salad mixture (I like to use 2 leaves for each “wrap”).
- Fold up sides and enjoy!