These Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps are dressed with a fantastic honey-mint vinaigrette and are crazy good! I seriously could not stop eating them!
I found a recipe for a jicama, kiwi, corn salad with honey-mint dressing in my new Inspiralized Cookbook (affiliate link) and knew I had to give it a try. It was meant to be. I had all the ingredients already…even the fresh corn! Instead of making a salad as instructed in the recipe I thought they would make delicious lettuce wraps so I prepared them as wraps. The combination of crunchy jicama, sweet corn and kiwi is delicious. But something about combining jicama and corn made me think it would be awesome with creamy black beans so I added them to the mix. And because I love roasted corn so much I used two ears instead of one. Actually, the recipe didn’t call for the corn to be roasted, just cooked in a saucepan but I really like to roast or grill my corn. I suppose you could even use canned or frozen corn if you’d like. I just don’t think it would be as crisp. I love corn that “pops” when I bite into it!
What really makes these jicama, kiwi, corn, and black bean lettuce wraps stand out is the honey mint vinaigrette. It’s so flavorful! I just want to drink it. The dressing is a little sweet with the honey, a little tart with lime juice and white balsamic vinegar, freshness comes from chopped mint and for a little spicy kick, I added a bit of chipotle chile powder. The original recipe doesn’t include it so feel free to leave it out if you wish.
I used my spiralizer (affiliate link) to make the jicama into noodles, but you can certainly use a mandolin (affiliate link) or slice by hand if you want. And if you’re into spiraling your veggies into noodles, check out Ali’s website for lots of great recipes and how to spiralize all sorts of vegetables.
You’re gonna love these Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps and the delicious honey-mint vinaigrette that goes with it. Makes an incredible vegetarian dish, perfect for lunch, snacking or even dinner!Print
Jicama, Kiwi, Corn, and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Honey Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 jicama, peeled, spiralized (or sliced in matchstick strips)
- 2 ears corn
- 1 C. black beans, canned, rinsed
- 3 kiwis, peeled
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
For the dressing
- 1 Tbls. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tsp. fresh lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients to combine, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Shuck corn and remove silk. Slice kernels from cob and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with just a bit of olive oil and season with a little salt & pepper. Roast corn for about 3-4 minutes, just enough to get them cooked without over cooking them. You want them to still pop, not be mushy. Remove from pan to large bowl.
- Spiralize or slice into matchstick size pieces the jicama. Add to bowl.
- Peel kiwi, slice in 1/4″ slices, then cut the slices in quarters. Add to bowl with the jicama and corn.
- Add black beans and dressing to bowl.
- Remove core from head of lettuce. Top leaves with some of the salad mixture (I like to use 2 leaves for each “wrap”).
- Fold up sides and enjoy!
Slightly adapted from Inspiralized