A Peach Ginger-tini recipe for a great Spring and Summer martini!
I’ve been experimenting in the bar trying out some new martini cocktails using fresh fruit to shake things up a bit. This Peach Ginger-tini took a few experiments to get it the way I wanted, but I finally got there. And it’s really good!
I bought some fresh peaches at the farmers market the other weekend and thought a peach flavored martini sounded delicious. First I tried muddling sliced peaches like I would when making a mojito. Added vodka, some ginger simple syrup I had already made up in the refrigerator from something else, a little ginger liqueur and lime juice. It was okay, just not great. The peach flavor wasn’t strong enough….and my peaches were definitely not as ripe as I would have liked. I ended up throwing the concoction in the blender with some frozen mango chunks. Better. But still lacking something. Then I threw in some fresh mint and that was much better. But I still wasn’t totally happy about the peach/mango part. At this point I gave up for the day. (Update: I have since made this with fresh juicy peaches and it’s delicious, just need to be sure you have ripe, sweet, juicy peaches, otherwise use frozen, thawed peaches.)
I was bound and determined not to be defeated by my failures so next time at the grocery store I bought some frozen peaches hoping they’d be tastier than the fresh ones. I also bought some peach nectar. I made a mint simple syrup. I knew what I wanted it to taste like, I just couldn’t quite get there. No worries though…it all eventually got drunk. I’m not one to waste!
Finally, after much experimentation I have what I believe is the best of all my experiments (and how I’ve made them ever since). This Peach Ginger-tini is fantastic if I do say so myself. Cheers!Print
Peachy with a little bite of ginger and cool, refreshing mint. Divine.
- 2 shots Absolute peach vodka
- 3/4 – 1 shot Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 5 frozen peach slices, thawed, or fresh if you have juicy ripe peaches
- 5 (or more) mint leaves
- splash of mint infused simple syrup
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the simple syrup
- 1 C water
- 1 C sugar
- 1 bunch mint
- Combine water, sugar and mint (chopped up) in saucepan. Bring to boil until sugar melts. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain syrup when cool to remove mint. Store in refrigerator.
- Muddle peaches and mint leaves in cocktail shaker with a generous splash of simple syrup. I like to add a bit of crushed ice to help break up the peaches and mint when muddling. Add vodka, ginger liqueur, and lime juice and shake well. Strain into chilled martini glass.
*adjust the amount of ginger liqueur to your liking.