Korean Beef Bowl (Vegan)
- 1 12oz. pkg. Impossible brand vegan ground beef (or your favorite vegan “beef” crumbles)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- sesame seeds and pinch of red pepper flakes for garnish (opt.)
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Gochujang chili paste
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- In small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add vegan “beef”, break apart to crumble and cook until browned.
- Add sauce and continue to cook another couple minutes. Stir in sliced scallions (save a few if you want to use some to garnish on top) and cook another minute to heat scallions.
- Serve on a bed of hot cooked rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with your saved scallions, sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes.