This Korean Beef Bowl (Vegan) recipe is a really quick, super tasty meal that requires very little effort and ingredients. We loved it and definitely will be making this again!
I love my recipe for Thai influenced Vegan Larb with Coconut Lime Rice and this recipe is similar, yet different (and fewer ingredients). Typically this Korean beef dish is made with ground beef (and you could certainly use that) but I wanted a plant based version. I made this vegan simply by replacing the ground beef with Impossible Brand meatless ground “beef”. You could use any vegan ground beef substitute you like. I served it up with cauliflower rice for a lower carb version as well, but it’s equally as delicious served over rice. I also steamed some broccoli for added veggie to this meal but it’s not necessary.Print
Korean Beef Bowl (Vegan)
- 1 12oz. pkg. Impossible brand vegan ground beef (or your favorite vegan “beef” crumbles)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- sesame seeds and pinch of red pepper flakes for garnish (opt.)
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Gochujang chili paste
- 2 tsp. ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- In small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add vegan “beef”, break apart to crumble and cook until browned.
- Add sauce and continue to cook another couple minutes. Stir in sliced scallions (save a few if you want to use some to garnish on top) and cook another minute to heat scallions.
- Serve on a bed of hot cooked rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with your saved scallions, sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes.