It’s September, which means we’re heading into all things pumpkin season. I’ll take my pumpkin in this perfectly delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini, how about you?
Unless you live under a rock you’ve probably heard Starbucks has a popular drink out in the fall called the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I made a super decadent Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream Float recently so obviously the next logical thing to make would be an adult version of the popular drink, a Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini.
Now we’re talkin’!
Instead of purchasing special pumpkin flavored spirits or liqueurs, or even special syrups and sauces, I wanted to use ingredients you’d most likely already have in your cupboard or will likely buy this time of the year. If you don’t already have it, next time you’re at the grocery store, grab a can of that pumpkin puree (the plain pumpkin, not the one for pie) and a small jar of pumpkin pie spice. You can also make your own pumpkin pie spice. (There’s a recipe for it in my Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream Float if you’re looking how to do that.) For the coffee part of the drink I used leftover coffee from the morning. You can use espresso or regular coffee, whichever you prefer. If you have a Keurig machine, brew yourself a cup and let it cool. It’s best to have the coffee chilled, otherwise when you’re shaking up the cocktail it’ll melt all your ice!
Pumpkin Spice Puree Syrup
I made a pumpkin spice puree by making a simple syrup with sugar and water, then added pumpkin puree with the pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan on the stove. Once that’s made just set it aside and let it cool. When its happy hour time… shake up some coffee, vodka, pumpkin puree syrup and a little cream in a cocktail shaker and you’ve got yourself one tasty Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini. No artificial flavorings. No artificial colors added. And, unlike Starbucks, this has REAL pumpkin in it! Heck, you might just be able to convince yourself you’re drinking something healthy…almost.
Or you might want to indulge and squirt some whipped cream on top and really be decadent! That’s okay too! I tried it that way the second time around!!!Print
Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini
For the Pumpkin Spice Puree:
- 1/2 C. sugar (I used 1/4 c. each white and brown sugar)
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/2 C. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
To Make the Martini:
- 1 shot cold espresso or coffee
- 1 shot vodka
- 1/2 shot cream (or half & half)
- 3 Tbls. pumpkin spice puree
- Make the Pumpkin Spice Puree:
- In small saucepan combine water and sugar. Bring to boil to combine and melt the sugar, then reduce heat to simmer. Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and stir well to combine. Simmer a few minutes, about 5, then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the Martini:
- In cocktail shaker filled with some ice, combine coffee, vodka, cream, and pumpkin spice puree. Shake well and strain into martini glass.
- I rimmed the glass with a mixture of sugar and pumpkin pie spice!
Like what you read here? Make sure you don’t miss anything! Follow I’m Bored, Let’s Go here: