Yesterday I made this quick, easy and delicious Quinoa Cherry Chicken Salad for lunch so I thought now’s as good of time as any to hop back on the saddle and start blogging again! So before I sat down to eat I hauled out my camera gear and snapped a few quick photos so I could share this yummy dish with you all.
- Quinoa – If I’m making quinoa, I cook up a big batch to use throughout the week (or freeze in individual portions for later). I also like to use chicken stock for the liquid.
- Dried Cherries – I found these awesome dried cherries at Costco and I can’t stop eating them. They’re tart but not mouth puckering tart. They still have some sweetness to them. They’re so plump, moist and chewy. Yum! If you go to Costco, toss a bag in your cart, you’ll be happy you did!
- Chicken – I used a couple of chicken tenders that I cooked up and diced. You could even use some already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you wanted.
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts – I had a bag of small ones that I just sliced up. If you use big ones, you might want to cut them in half first. Or, pick up a small bag of already shaved sprouts at the market and save a step!
- Spinach – I discovered a fantastic farmers market in the Little Italy neighborhood just a few blocks from my condo. It’s every Saturday morning (so excited about that). I picked up a bag of curly spinach last weekend and used some in this salad.
- Pistachios – I’m loving pistachios right now and got a big bag of them already shelled at Costco so that’s what I used. I’m sure whatever nut you like would make a delicious crunch in this salad.
- Goat Cheese – First I was going to use some Feta that I had but decided the creamy mellow goat cheese would be a better choice. It was perfect!
The amount of each individual ingredient can be adjusted to your liking. This makes enough for two good meal sized salads.Print
Quinoa, Cherry and Chicken Salad
The amounts listed are just a guideline…you can adjust the amount of each ingredient in the salad to your personal preference.
- Yield: 2 large salads 1x
- 1 C. diced, cooked chicken
- 3/4 C. cooked and cooled quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 2 C. spinach
- 1 1/2 C. shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 C. dried cherries
- 1/4 C. shelled pistachios
- 1/4 C. crumbled goat cheese
- 3 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 Tbls. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1–2 tsp. lemon juice (to taste)
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Make the Vinaigrette: Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Assemble the Salad: Combine salad ingredients in bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine.