Looking for something different to do with your sweet potatoes? You might want to give these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pancetta, Pecans & Raisins a try. They’re crazy good…and much more fun (and healthier) than the typical sweet potato casserole loaded with butter, sugar and marshmallows!
This dish is really simple to make and has some awesome flavor to it! First off, let me just say how much I’m in love with this Maple Mustard Vinaigrette. It’s such a fantastic vinaigrette on vegetables. I use it frequently with broccoli and brussels sprouts so I knew it would be perfect for this sweet potato dish as well. I added some pancetta for a little meaty saltiness and some crimson raisins for sweetness (dried cranberries would be a good substitute). For a little extra crunch and texture I added some chopped pecans.Print
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pancetta, Pecans & Raisins
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 C. diced pancetta
- 1/4 C. crimson raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 C. toasted pecans, chopped
- Maple Mustard Vinaigrette (use amount to your personal preference)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in skillet. Drain and set aside.
- When potatoes are cooked add to large serving bowl. Toss with pancetta, raisins or dried cranberries, pecans and vinaigrette to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
*Feel free to add more or less pancetta, pecans, raisins and dressing to your liking!