I think this Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail is my favorite bourbon cocktail I’ve made to date! And, for me, you know that’s huge, since I’m typically a vodka fan and rarely drink those darker spirits.
I’m still not a straight up bourbon drinker, don’t think I ever will be. I’ve made a couple of bourbon drinks here before like a Bourbon Ice Tea and a Bourbon Cocktail made with a honey syrup, both of which I enjoyed. However, I think this bourbon apple cider cocktail may just be my favorite bourbon drink yet. Originally I was going to make this cocktail in martini form, but for some reason I associate those big huge ice cubes that are popular now with bourbon, and I happened to have a couple of them in my freezer. So a rocks glass it was. But… in a nod to my martini drinking ways, I rimmed the glass with some cinnamon sugar. What made the rimmer especially good was that I rubbed the rim first with a piece of ginger, then dipped it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Yummy!
After I rimmed the glass, I tossed the piece of ginger (peeled) in a cocktail shaker and muddled it a bit with some ice. Then I simply added some bourbon, apple cider and a squeeze of lemon. I also added a splash of simple syrup. I typically like my drinks a touch of sweetness so you can totally leave that out if you prefer. I think a bit of honey would work well here instead of simple syrup too.
If you’re looking to branch out and try something a bit different, not vodka based, give this Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail a try. It’s delicious! And, a great drink for fall with fresh apple cider. Cheers!Print
Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled (about a 1″ piece will do)
- 2 shots apple cider
- 1 shot good bourbon
- squeeze of lemon juice
- cinnamon/sugar for rimming glass
- Optional: apple slice and cinnamon stick for garnish
- Peel piece of ginger and rub rim of a rocks glass with the ginger. Dip glass rim in a cinnamon/sugar mixture and set aside.
- Put ginger in cocktail shaker with some ice. Muddle to release ginger flavor.
- Add apple cider, bourbon and lemon juice.
- Shake well and pour over ice in rocks glass.
- Garnish with apple slice and cinnamon stick, if desired