This Shaved Asparagus Salad with Asian Dressing is tossed with cabbage, mint and peanuts for a delightful, fresh, warm weather salad. No ovens or cooking required!
I shared this recipe earlier this month with my friends at Made From Pinterest and wanted to share it here with my readers as well. You might recall I mentioned I recently discovered (and now love) shaved asparagus salads and made a delicious Shaved Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette that I topped with grilled salmon. So yummy! Well here’s another one I made that I loved just as much.
I found this recipe on Pinterest. It’s originally from The First Mess and I loved the idea of using an Asian flavored dressing for the salad. I can’t seem to get enough of all Asian inspired salads! The dressing for this shaved asparagus salad combines chili paste, rice vinegar and sesame oil, along with ginger, garlic, lime, and honey.
To shave the asparagus just trim the tops and tough bottoms from the stalk and peel the stalk with a good, sharp vegetable peeler. Don’t throw out the asparagus tops, save them for another recipe or blanch them briefly and add to the salad.
If you love asparagus as much as I do, you’re gonna love this Shaved Asparagus Salad with Asian Dressing. Give it a try and let me know what you think!Print
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Asian Dressing
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian
For the Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tsp. chili paste
- 1 Tbls. honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 Tbls. rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbls. grape seed oil (or other neutral oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch thick stalk asparagus, ends trimmed, tops reserved, and stalks peeled into ribbons
- 2 C. thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C. roughly chopped mint
- 1/3 C. peanuts, roughly chopped (I used dry roasted peanuts)
- Make the Dressing: In small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients in small jar with lid. Shake well to combine.
- Make the Salad: Toss the peeled asparagus ribbons, cabbage, green onions, and mint in medium bowl to combine. Just prior to serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Garnish with chopped peanuts and additional mint (if desired).
- Optional: Blanch the reserved asparagus tops in a pot of boiling water for a couple minutes. Drain and stop the cooking by tossing them in a bowl of ice water. Once chilled, drain and add to salad.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later: