I’ve got a wonderful, crowd pleasing cocktail for you today. Spiced Pomegranate Pitcher Cocktails is perfect for the holidays and entertaining. The pomegranate juice is infused with wonderful fall spices like cinnamon, cloves, star anise and ginger. Make a big batch and let your guests serve themselves when it’s time to entertain.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my all time favorite cocktail is my Pomegranate Martini. It’s my go-to drink of choice. In the past I’ve made up big pitchers of the stuff when I’ve had the girls over for happy hour so I didn’t have to constantly shake up drinks individually. Which, if you knew my friends, you’d know how they can put down a drink or two (oh, you know who you are!). And that’s what’s so fantastic about these spiced pomegranate pitcher cocktails. Mix it up ahead of time and forget about it. Step away from the bar and enjoy your party with the rest of the crowd!
I wanted to experiment with something a bit different. Something more “fall-like”. I made the pomegranate juice mixture by simmering the juice on the stove with some spices and a bit of sugar to sweeten it up slightly. Then let it cool, strained it and stored the juice in the refrigerator. Wondering why I didn’t just make a pomegranate martini out of this juice mixture? Don’t think I didn’t consider it! But…with the holidays upon us I thought it would be nice to have a big batch cocktail recipe for you tuck away instead. We’ll keep it a secret between us if you want to shake up a martini in the meantime (I may have done that!).
When it’s time to party, pour the pomegranate juice mixture in a pitcher with some vodka, orange juice and club soda. Voila…delicious Spiced Pomegranate Pitcher Cocktails…ready and waiting to be enjoyed!
- 2 C. pomegranate juice (I love POM brand)
- 2 C. water
- ½ C. sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 1 2" piece crystalized ginger (or use regular ginger, peeled)
- 3½ C. Spiced Pomegranate juice
- 1½ C. vodka
- ½ C. orange juice
- 1 10z. bottle club soda
- Garnish, if desired, with orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Combine pomegranate juice, water, sugar and spices in saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool. Strain into clean container and store in refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients in large pitcher. To serve, fill tall glass with ice. Garnish with orange slice and pomegranate seeds, if desired.