Is it time to spice up your martinis? Here’s a Spicy Rosemary Grapefruit Martini that’s a bit herbal to start with a little spicy finish. I think you’ll like it!
I recently saw a recipe online for some grapefruit popsicles spiced up with chili peppers and rosemary that looked and sounded fantastic! Naturally, my mind immediately thought “hummmm, that would make a really good martini!” After all, I love my Grapefruit St-Germain Martini with a rosemary simple syrup in it, so I was certain a little spice would be good too!You can use regular vodka and some fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice, or, you can use a grapefruit flavored vodka. I tried it with plain vodka and grapefruit vodka and preferred it with both the juice and grapefruit vodka. I used Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka. It tastes fresh and natural, not artificial and it’s my favorite.
Give this Spicy Rosemary Grapefruit Martini a try next time. It’s a delicious flavor combination!Print
Spicy Rosemary Grapefruit Martini
- 2 shots vodka (try Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit)
- 1 shot fresh squeezed red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 shot rosemary-chili simple syrup (add more to your taste if needed)
For the simple syrup
- 2/3 C. water
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary (remove from stem and roughly chop)
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes (or try some fresh jalapeño if you like)
- Make simple syrup by combining simple syrup ingredients in small sauce pan and bring to boil. Continue to boil a couple minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Strain and chill.
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice combine vodka, grapefruit juice and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with sprig of rosemary or slice of grapefruit, if desired.