Today’s recipe for Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce is a savory pumpkin recipe that’s a cinch to make!
It’s that time of year again. The time when just about every recipe has pumpkin in it! If you’re a pumpkin lover, I’m guessing you love this time of year. I don’t mind pumpkin, I just don’t seem to go gaga over it like many people do. However, I thought I better jump on the bandwagon and try out a pumpkin recipe at least once this fall. The flavor of this dish is subtle and not pumpkin heavy, which I liked.
If you get tired of all the sweet pumpkin recipes this fall, I encourage you to give your pumpkin a savory spin and try this Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce recipe. It’s really delicious!
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin (be sure it’s plain pumpkin, not the kind for pumpkin pie)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthwise, sliced thin (and washed!)
- 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C. whole milk
- 1/2 C. white wine
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1/2 C. cream cheese
- 2 Tbls. finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbls. brandy
- 2 lb. cheese tortellini or ravioli
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- In large pot or saucepan, melt butter, add shallots and leeks and sauté until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth, milk, wine and lemon juice. Bring to boil, continue whisking, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sage, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, salt, brandy and pumpkin puree. Bring to boil, whisk to smooth sauce. Whisk in parmesan cheese, and keep warm while cooking pasta.
- Add cooked pasta to bowl, add as much sauce as you like and toss gently to mix. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.