For the Tzatziki:
- 1 cup plain non-dairy yogurt (or Greek yogurt, if desired)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- Salt for salting cucumbers
- 1 Tbls. chopped fresh dill
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Peel cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and scrape out seed slice them and place in colander. Sprinkle with salt and let it sit for about half hour to draw out excess water. Rinse cucumbers, then pat dry.
- Add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and a few grinds of black pepper to food processor or blender. Blend well. Combine cucumber mixture and yogurt in small bowl.
- Refrigerate sauce for a couple hours to allow the flavors to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.