Wow, these are some pretty awesome Yucatan Chicken Skewers with Nectarine Salsa if I do say so myself! Tender, juicy grilled chicken served on a stick, what’s not to like? And it’s really simple to make!
I paired these delicious chicken skewers with a nectarine salsa which was so yummy to top them with. I think any fruit salsa would be delicious, so go ahead and try peach, mango or pineapple, whatever you may have around your house. I’ve really been into fruit salsas this summer and haven’t had one I didn’t like yet!
Yucatan Chicken Skewers
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in long strips (could also use chicken tenders)
For the Marinade
- 1 packet Sazon Goya achiote seasoning*
- 1/4 C. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/2 C. pineapple orange juice
- 1/2 sm. onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
For the Salsa:
- 3 nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 Tbls. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced (I use the zest as well)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into strips about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Prepare marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in blender and blend. Pour over chicken strips and marinate in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Combine salsa ingredients in small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill on BBQ or grill pan until chicken is cooked. Remove to platter and serve with nectarine salsa.
*if unavailable, add a teaspoon of cumin and a little bit of turmeric (for color).