Today I’m serving up an adult version of a childhood favorite, the Creamsicle, with this tasty little Orange Creamsicle Martini.
A Creamsicle, as you probably know, is an orange and vanilla frozen treat. They were my favorite popsicles as a kid. Still to this day I love to mix orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream together. Such a great flavor combination! So I thought why not get that same flavor combination in martini form? Makes perfect sense!
I originally posted a recipe for this cocktail back in 2013. Quite frankly, the pictures were so awful it was time for a re-do and snap a new photo. In the process I revamped the recipe just a bit. Original recipe had some instant vanilla pudding in it (which was good) but this updated version omits it and uses cream soda and vanilla bean paste.
Orange Creamsicle Martini
- Yield: 2 martinis, or one big one! 1x
- 2 oz. vodka*
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. cream soda (I used Jones brand)
- 1 oz. cream
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Opt. splash simple syrup (if you like a sweeter drink)
- Orange slices, vanilla wafers for garnish, if desired
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well, being careful to hold top to contain the carbonated soda. Pour into chilled martini glass. Garnish with orange slice and vanilla wafer.
*You could use vanilla vodka and omit the vanilla.