Eggnog, seems like most people either love it or hate it. I happen to reside in the love it camp…love it in martinis and desserts like bundt cake and this Spiked Eggnog Ice Cream. Oh, who am I fooling? I’d probably happily drink it at a holiday party as well. And, I’ve been know to use it as a coffee creamer too!
Since this has been the year of frozen treats for me, I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make some spiked eggnog ice cream this month. So I had a decision to make… should I spike my eggnog ice cream with brandy or rum? Both choices sounded tasty to me so I used both! And it was delicious. I wanted to keep this recipe super simple since I’m sure everyone is spending enough time in the kitchen already with holiday baking, right? So this is not a custard based recipe – I didn’t think it was necessary to add any additional eggs since the eggnog had eggs in it already. I did add a little brown sugar, thought that would play nice with the brandy and dark rum, and also added some freshly grated nutmeg.
- 2 C. egg nog (I used Promise Land which was great)
- 1 C. half & half
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- 2 Tbls. Brandy
- 2 Tbls. dark Rum
- ½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Freeze canister of your ice cream maker the day before making this ice cream.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine and dissolved the sugar.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and process according to your ice cream maker's instructions. For me, it's about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour ice cream into container and freeze until firm.
Catch up with me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM , TWITTER , or GOOGLE+, I’d love for you to follow along! Subscribe HERE and never miss a new recipe!