OMG you guys, this Beet, Peach & Goat Cheese Salad with chopped walnuts, mint and a balsamic glaze is one awesome creation!
First time I made this salad I spiralized red beets and made roasted red beet “noodles”. They were so messy and turn your hands and anything they touch red!. Frankly, they taste the same so if you can find golden beets and don’t want the mess, use them. Or, purchase the red beets prepackaged already peeled and steamed found in the produce section. Today I decided to just cut up the beets and roast them and not bother spiralizing them into noodles.
Other than that, this salad is very simple! Just grill some juicy peach halves on a grill pan. Sliced them up and add them to the beets. Layer them on top of some baby arugula if you want. Crumble some honey goat cheese and sprinkle on top. If the beets and peaches are still warm the goat cheese starts to melt a little and gets a bit creamy. Yummy! Obviously, for you plant based eaters, just substitute with your favorite creamy cheese alternative or omit altogether. For a little crunchy texture add some chopped walnuts. Finished up with a sprinkling of chopped mint and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and voila…out of this world delicious, healthy and unique salad!!! The combination of flavors was a hit in my book.Print
Beet, Peach & Goat Cheese Salad
Roasted beets and grilled peaches combined with honey goat cheese, mint, walnuts and balsamic glaze. A very unique and delicious salad. And it’s easy to make!
- Yield: 2 -3 servings 1x
- 2 beets
- 1–2 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 peaches, halved, pits removed
- 1/4 C. honey goat cheese, crumbled -if vegan, use your favorite alternative
- 1/4 C. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C. chopped mint
- Balsamic glaze
- baby arugula, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel beets and dice. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and toss to coat beets. Roast in oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill peach halves on grill or grill pan until heated through and nice grill marks have developed. Slice peaches.
- To assemble salad layer some arugula (if using) on each plate. Arrange sliced peaches and beets. Top with crumbled goat cheese, walnuts and chopped mint. Drizzle balsamic glaze over salad.
If you don’t want to mess with roasting beets, purchase some pre-peeled, steamed beets from the produce section of your grocery store.