My son’s in town and we made our go-to Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I’ve tried a few different recipes throughout the years but this one, in my opinion, is the best and the one I always go back to.
Originally I got a recipe for oatmeal cookies from the back of the Quaker Oats container and have been making this version of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies forever. It’s a great base recipe and can easily change out the chocolate chips for other goodies like raisins, dried cranberries, coconut or nuts. Even better, try adding dried cranberries (or dried cherries) and white chocolate chips. Sounds yummy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick + 6 Tbls. butter, softened
- 3/4 C. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 C. – 3 C. Oats (I prefer the quick cooking version and use a little less than 3 cups)
- 1 12oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until light golden brown (every oven is different so keep an eye on them)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.