Here’s a great Vegan Chickpea “Tuna” Salad recipe that makes a really good sandwich. No, it doesn’t taste like tuna but that’s not really my goal… I just wanted a tasty replacement for my much loved tuna sandwich.
My mom always made the best tuna sandwiches…Hellman’s mayonnaise, chopped hardboiled eggs and pickle relish were key. I also loved to put potato chips inside the sandwich. Anyone else do that? To get a bit of that eggy flavor I used Kala Namak black salt.
This Vegan Chickpea “Tuna” Salad is delicious tucked in a pita or topped on a bed of greens. For lunch today I ate it with Dill Pickle potato chips…YUMMM!Print
Vegan Chickpea “Tuna”
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 C. vegan mayo
- 1 lg. stalk celery, diced small
- 1/4 C. chopped red onion
- 1 Tbls. dill pickle relish
- 1 Tbls. sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. kala namak black salt
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbls. capers, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 C. panko bread crumbs
- Add drained chickpeas to medium bowl and mash with potato masher to desired texture (I like it a bit chunky)
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.