When summer gives you glorious juicy peaches its time to make some Peach Gazpacho!
I love all gazpacho! Previously, I made a delicious watermelon gazpacho so I thought using a couple over ripe peaches I had on the counter would be perfect in another gazpacho version. Along with the peaches, I used typical gazpacho ingredients… tomatoes, cucumber, onion (shallot) and dressed it up a bit more with basil, mint and honey (use agave, if vegan). The result was delicious. A perfect light and tasty lunch for a hot summer day!Print
- 2 very ripe peaches (I don’t bother to peel them)
- 2 lg. tomatoes (or use grape or Roma tomatoes)*
- 1/3 English cucumber, peeled
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 C. basil
- 1/4 C. mint
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1–2 Tbls. honey (use agave syrup if vegan)
- 1 Tbls. champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced (use zest if you like)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Cut peaches, tomatoes, cucumber and shallot into chunks. Add to food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until you achieve your desired consistency. Refrigerate a few hours prior to serving for favors to meld. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
*Don’t need to be too exact on amount of tomatoes, I like to have about equal amount of peaches and tomatoes.