I’m feeling a little “fluffy” lately. Probably a result of a long 4th of July weekend of eating (and drinking). For me, cutting out the bad carbs is the easiest way to get back on track, at least once the cravings for bread and ice cream are gone! This Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is something I love to make for lunch, even if I’m not feeling “fluffy”!
I must admit though, I’m horrible at following a diet. The minute I’m told what I have to eat I want something completely different. I’ve found if I take the time to try to make something tasty, then I tend to be much more satisfied afterwards. So yesterday for lunch I made a quick and easy greek flavored inspired salad with some colorful tomatoes I had bought over the weekend, cucumber and kalamata olives. I love cucumbers in salads with different flavor profiles, like a Thai Cucumber Salad or a delicious Panzanella Salad. This Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is so tasty and satisfying by itself, but would even be great as a side dish to some grilled chicken breasts or fish. This recipe doesn’t have to be exact…just throw in as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. Just be careful not to oversaturate it with too much dressing. I’m sure you will love this Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad just as much as I do!
Tomato, Cucumber & Feta Salad
- 1 pint colorful small tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced
- 15 Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 C. feta cheese, diced from a block
- 1/4 C. diced red onion
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- Your favorite vinaigrette (enough to lightly dress the salad)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add ingredients to a bowl and toss with your favorite vinaigrette. I made a simple vinaigrette with lemon juice, olive oil and greek seasoning, but any vinaigrette or greek salad dressing would work just fine.
- I used feta that I cut off of a larger block of feta that I purchased at Costco. If you have a container of crumbled feta that would work equally as well. Just use as much or as little feta as you like.