Today I made some yummy Plant Based Greek Tacos with vegan grilled chick’n strips. They’re really easy to throw together and provide a nice change of pace from typical Mexican inspired tacos.
Quite a while ago I made Greek chicken tacos with marinated chicken that my family enjoyed. I thought I’d veganize the recipe and used plant based “chicken” strips which worked out perfectly. It’s really quite easy to turn favorite recipes into plant based versions these days. There’s so many alternatives that taste really good! I made a plant based Tzatziki sauce simply by swapping out Greek Yogurt with non-dairy yogurt. This time around I didn’t add feta, only because I didn’t have any vegan feta in the fridge, but if I did I would have topped these tacos with it.Print
Plant Based Greek Tacos
- 1 pkg. vegan grilled chick’n strips (I used Alpha Strips)
- 1 Tbls. Greek seasoning (I used Cavender’s Greek Seasoning)
- Small Flour Tortillas (or pita, if desired)
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Tzatziki sauce
- vegan Feta cheese
- Baby spinach
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion in bowl with red wine vinegar, dill, and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat a bit of oil in skillet and add vegan chick’n strips. Sprinkle greek seasoning over strips and cook until heated through.
- Assemble tacos: Heat tortilla (I like to char them a bit over an open flame on my stove), add a few spinach leaves, chick’n strips and tomato/cucumber mixture. Drizzle tzatziki sauce over tacos and top with feta.